Thursday, March 17, 2005

NMK004 update

As most of you have already seen, a few days ago Haze released an update with the first version of my NMK004 simulation code.

All NMK004 games have sound, though in some of them it's better than in others. Mustang is possibly the worst one - I have doubts about the sound ROM being a bad dump.

There were a few major problems - music stopping shortly after starting, or games completely freezing MAME. I have found a bug in the loops handling which should have caused most of these problems. Here is the fix. It doesn't improve Mustang, though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

anyone else getting this problem?

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /nicola.salmoria/nmk004.zip on this server.

Anonymous said...

same problem getting the file.

I guess we'll have to wait til Haze supplies us with the next u4 update. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Nicola has since submitted an update to fix the hang in Black Heart.. I'll see what I can do about putting a u4 out as there have been a fair number of additions / fixes since u3.